Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Two-day

Greetings Faithful Readers,

My apologies for not posting today's Two-Something installment per schedule this morning. I found it necessary for me to take a time out from the other worldly platforms of social media spinning with starkly juxtaposed snippets of souls bared and tidbits of lives seemingly oblivious to the personal, communal, and national drama playing out in Ferguson, MO.

Regardless of your feelings (or lack there of) towards the grand jury's decision not to indict Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Mike Brown, this moment can be one of the defining ones of your personal history and our collective history. It can also fade into oblivion.

I believe that this moment is an excellent opportunity to practice the Japanese cultural and management philosophy of hansei or"self-reflection," becoming aware of and acting on opportunities for improvement. Beginning with ourselves, this process deepens our self-knowledge, and gives us an opportunity to make contributions to the world around us.

Thanks for reading!

If you'd like I'd be more than happy to dialogue more on this topic via email.

I would like to preface this newest post: all opinions expressed here are that of myself only and do not reflect those of my interviewees.

Please enjoy Interview #4: Mark Dolgin!


No comments:

Post a Comment